info@harmfree.nz

23 Islington Avenue Christchurch 8042

0800 338 338

Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Monitoring Lone Workers

Hi All,

Does anyone out there have a good recommendation for a lone worker solution. Looking to improve our approach to this and wondered if others in the industry have had success or not with some of the options available.

Our challenges are:

• Monitoring drivers loading or unloading freight after hours (at different sites not just our own).
  • Not having office based staff on site at all times drivers are working.
  • Finding a system that isn't too onerous on the driver remembering to log in and out of places all the time.
  • Not having regular patterns i.e. different sites/hours with different requirements each day depending on runs.
  • Making sure our solution doesn't create another HS issue for example- transport supervisors being woken up all night by alerts.

Open to all options- Phone Apps, Devices, Outsourcing monitoring to a company.

Appreciate any help

John Sansom has reacted to this post.
John Sansom

we have the same issues with our drivers and some of their delivery destinations.

we get our drivers to ring when they get to site , and advise if there is no-one on site.

our dispatcher will then check to see if the truck has moved every half hour and if over an hour will call. It is a manual task but we only have a few drivers this applies to.

John Sansom, AVPOPZEE and Booths Logistics Training have reacted to this post.
John SansomAVPOPZEEBooths Logistics Training

Hi

We have similar challenges and have just got some pricing from Guardian Angel Safety for a couple of products one of which is a App with a separate SOS button that is monitored 24/7 by a dedicated monitoring centre. Its called Blackline. We havent used it yet so cant tell you how it goes but check it out: https://guardianangelsafety.co/hardware/blackline-safety/

They also have satellite devices if the workers need to go outside of cell range.

Corrine

AVPOPZEE has reacted to this post.
AVPOPZEE

Duress Falcon — Duress

AVPOPZEE has reacted to this post.
AVPOPZEE

We also use the Stop Watch function in E Road (I assume other Telematics providers have something similar). For sites we know drivers are by themselves we have "stop watches" set up. When the vehicle enters the Geo Fence the timer starts, if the vehicle hasn't left the Geo-Fence before the end time you set it generates an e mail. We also use it through the Awakino Gorge as there is no phone coverage through there.

The advantage to this system is the driver doesn't have to do anything.

The disadvantages are you need someone looking at E Mail alerts (we have an call centre that does this for us), and you have to have a geo fence set up so it's no good for sites you don't know you're going to.

John Sansom and AVPOPZEE have reacted to this post.
John SansomAVPOPZEE

Eroad and Guardian are both excellent systems for monitoring, but there are also other things you need to take in consideration.  If like I can send you an SOP for Lone Workers that I wrote for another organisation.  Just Email me directly.

John Sansom and AVPOPZEE have reacted to this post.
John SansomAVPOPZEE

Thanks all for your replies.

Really appreciate your willingness to share ideas.